Did You Know?
Built environments have a profound impact on our natural environment, economy, health and productivity.
Green Building provides economic & community benefits!
- Enhance and protect ecosystems and biodiversity
- Improve overall air and water quality
- Conserve natural resources
- Reduce operating costs
- Enhance asset value and profits
- Improve employee productivity/satisfaction
- Improve air, thermal and acoustic environments
- Enhance occupant comfort and health
- Minimize strain on local infrastructure
ThorConsult embraces the safeguard of our environment on land, foreshore and in our seas. Every day new discoveries are made that might change the way we live. Engineering and architecture have also come a long way and have adapted to the changing times. Breakthroughs in building science, technology and operations enable everyone to build green and maximize both environmental and economic performance.
- Green Value
Land use strategies will accomodate settlement needs in practical ways while protecting ecological resources upon which communities depend. At the heart of a Green Value approach is the valuation methodology that provides the business case for reconciliation of short-term versus long-term thinking related to risk and profit.
- Design with Nature
One approach to achieving Green Value that is supportive of community goals relating to building social capacity. A "Design with Nature" approach to community design means:
- Develop compact and complete communities & development systems
- Increase clean transportation options
- Reduce loads on water, waste and energy systems
- Protect and restore 'green spaces' on land, shore or sea
- Strive for a lighter 'hydrologic footprint'
- Achieve higher levels of stream, wetland, lake and foreshore protection
- Green Infrastructure
On-the-Ground application of Design with Nature standards and practices. Green Infrastructure is associated with the management of water that runs off the land and how water runoff impacts on the sustainability of both terrestrial and aquatic habitat and resources. Green Infrastructure is also associated with how water is used and how water use impacts on the sustainability of water supply.
- Water Sustainability
Achieved through Green Infrastructure practices that reflect a full and proper understanding of the relationship between land and water.